Our Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys Provide Caring And Committed Service
The McGarity Group helps accident victims and their families on a daily basis. We treat each case with the care and personal attention it deserves. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys have the experience to effectively litigate lawsuits arising out of the negligent, careless or intentional acts of others. If you or a loved one has sustained a serious injury in the greater Atlanta area, you can trust our personal injury attorneys to pursue justice for you and your family.
Ready To Handle Any Type Of Motor Vehicle Accident Claim
Our attorneys help accident victims obtain damages for a variety of vehicle-related injury events, such as:
- Car accidents – We pursue auto accident claims against drivers who are distracted, drunk or otherwise negligent.
- Motorcycle crashes – Drivers too often fail to notice motorcyclists or give them the space they deserve, leading to serious motorcyclist injuries.
- Truck accidents – We hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for the injuries they cause.
- Boat accidents – Whether recreational or commercial vessels were involved, we are ready to take the case.
- Train accidents – Let us help you investigate the crash and determine who was to blame.
- Pedestrian and bicyclist accidents – Our attorneys advocate for bicyclists and pedestrians struck by inattentive drivers.
Regardless of what kind of accident you were involved in, our firm always strives to obtain for you the highest settlement or jury award possible.
How Georgia’s Modified Comparative Negligence Law Can Limit Your Recovery
In Georgia, a personal injury claim is subject to the state’s comparative negligence law. Comparative negligence is used in cases where the injured party and the defendant may both have contributed to the injury event. If a court determines that an injured party’s own actions were as much as 50 percent to blame for the accident, that party is barred from recovering any compensation against the defendant. If the injured party is somewhat to blame, the recovery is reduced by the percentage the court assigns.
For example, an injured person who suffered $200,000 in compensable losses, but was 25 percent at fault, can only recover 75 percent of the damage amount, which would be $150,000. As your advocates, we fully investigate the circumstances of your case to put forward the facts necessary to maximize your damage award.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers For A Free Consultation
The McGarity Group is based in Buford, and we serve clients in metro Atlanta and throughout Georgia. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury, trust us to hold the negligent party accountable. To schedule a free consultation, call our office today at 770-692-9877 or contact us online.