Caring Attorneys Committed To Helping You Recover After A Car Accident
Statistics show that metro Atlanta consistently ranks among the most dangerous areas in Georgia for traffic fatalities. If you have been seriously injured or a loved one has been killed in a car accident in the greater metro Atlanta area, or anywhere in the state of Georgia. The McGarity Group is prepared to help. Our experienced accident attorneys are committed to protecting your rights as we work to obtain the maximum amount of compensation available. Our highly qualified and knowledgeable trial lawyers work closely with you throughout the legal process so that you know where your case stands at all times and can make the best decisions for your future and your family.
Options For Resolving Your Claim Under Georgia’s Fault-Based Insurance System
Georgia is a “fault” state for auto insurance claims. This means that, as the injured party, you have different options for seeking compensation for your losses, including:
- Filing a claim with your own insurance company – Under ideal circumstances, your company would pay your claim and then seek reimbursement from the at-fault driver. But more often than not, this option puts you in an adversarial role with your own insurer. Your insurer may even attempt to show you were also at fault as a way of reducing the amount it has to pay you. The possible conflicts of interest are even worse if the company insures both you and the at-fault driver. Moreover, a serious accident can easily exceed your policy limits, forcing you to sue the at-fault driver anyway.
- Filing a third-party claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company – This puts you in an adversarial relationship with the insurance company, which will use all the tactics at its disposal to reduce the amount it pays on your claim. Your losses may exceed the limits of the other driver’s policy, forcing you to file a claim under your own policy’s underinsured coverage (if you even have such coverage) or to sue the other driver in court.
- Retaining an attorney to pursue a claim against the at-fault driver – The only way to be certain that you have an advocate who’s 100 percent on your side is to hire your own lawyer to pursue compensation from all potential sources.
We offer free consultations, which means you can discuss your options with one of our experienced car accident attorneys at no cost and with no obligation.
Here Is How We Can Advocate For You
Georgia law only requires a minimum of $25,000 bodily injury liability coverage per injured person, with a maximum of $50,000 per accident. The minimum state requirement for property damage liability coverage is only $25,000. These amounts are nowhere close to the losses you can expect from a serious car or trucking accident. To recover full compensation for your injuries, you need an injury attorney who is dedicated to your case.
Our auto accident lawyers are ready to:
- Review your case – After receiving medical attention, hiring an experienced lawyer is the best decision you can make. We will assess your case and inform you about its strengths and weaknesses, then advise you on how to move forward.
- Hire expert witnesses – Doctors and investigators provide valuable testimony on your behalf. This evidence can significantly bolster the strength of your case and improve your chances of being justly reimbursed. As your counsel, we advance the costs of these services.
- Fight for you – When you hire a lawyer, you gain an ally to stand by your side and fight for you. We can negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to court.
- Provide personalized legal assistance – Few auto accident lawyers offer the personalized legal guidance The McGarity Group provides. We provide patient support and knowledgeable guidance throughout every stage of your case.
After an auto or truck accident, trust our firm to provide you with the representation you need and answer your questions, such as:
How long after a car accident can you sue in Georgia?
In Georgia, an accident victim has two years to file a claim for their injuries in a car accident. While they may have this much time to file a claim, they should begin the process as soon as possible to earn the compensation they need when they need it.
Do I have to pay for a car accident lawyer?
Not directly. You only pay for our services with the compensation we earn for you. This means that if we cannot secure a settlement for you, you do not pay us, and if we win your claim, we collect our payment from the money we earn for you, so you pay nothing out of pocket.
What kind of damages can you sue for in a car accident claim?
A fair and full personal injury claim should include all of the current and future expenses and costs associated with a personal injury claim, including lost income and earning potential, medical bills, relocation or renovation costs, and property damage.
Contact Us Today To Schedule A Free Initial Consultation
Haggling with insurance companies on your own typically means settling for much less than your case is worth. At The McGarity Group, we are determined to deliver the maximum recovery possible for you based on the facts of your case. To speak with an experienced accident lawyer for free, call our office in Buford at 770-692-9877 or contact us online. We serve clients in the greater Atlanta area and Georgia.