After Being Injured, We Can Help You Assess A Possible Negligence Claim
One of the most important principles in personal injury law is establishing the negligence of the at-fault party. Negligence means acting in a manner that a reasonable person would not have acted, or vice versa. If you have been injured as the result of another party’s negligence, the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. At The McGarity Group, we know how overwhelming and stressful it can be to miss work due to an injury while you’re facing costly medical bills. We fight for you to receive full and fair compensation to help you get your life back on track after your accident.
Our Lawyers Are Available To Answer Your Questions About Negligence
You may understand what it means for a person to be negligent, but do you know how it applies to your individual circumstances under the law? Most people come to us with numerous questions about their injury. Common questions our legal team can answer include:
- Do I have a case?
- How do I proceed?
- How do I pay my medical bills?
- How is the value of my loved one’s life determined in a wrongful death claim?
- How do I file a lawsuit?
- How long will my case last?
When you meet with us, we will listen to your story, clearly explain the law and how it applies to you and give you advice on the best strategy for seeking compensation for your accident-related injuries.
Damages That May Be Available In A Negligence Lawsuit
Injuries resulting from an accident can impact your entire life. We look at every cost associated with the accident and seek compensation on your behalf from the negligent party or the applicable insurance carrier. Types of monetary damages often available in these cases include compensation for:
- Medical bills: This includes ambulance expenses, emergency room costs, follow-up doctor visits and therapy or rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost wages: This covers the income you lose while you cannot work due to your injury.
- Physical and emotional suffering: You can recover for the pain associated with your injury, including mental anguish.
- Permanent disability: If your injury means you are no longer capable of gainful employment or handling the responsibilities of your daily life, you can seek to recover the costs of caring for yourself or your family.
- Punitive damages: Additional damages may be awarded if it is found that the negligent party acted with malice or disregard for the law. They are meant to punish the at-fault party. These are rare, but they are available in some cases.
As your attorneys, will take immediate action to gather your medical records, medical bills and witness statements. We even go to the accident site personally as part of our investigation. Next, we will monitor your recovery, and when the time is right, we file your claim, begin negotiations or proceed with filing a lawsuit. We have decades of combined legal experience dealing with insurance adjusters and the tactics they use to try to force you to settle for less than what you are truly owed.
Don’t Wait To Seek Legal Help – Contact Us Today
When another party’s negligence causes an injury to you, it is important to seek medical attention first and legal representation second. The McGarity Group is based in Buford, and we serve clients throughout Georgia, including the greater Atlanta metro area. Call us at 770-692-9877 to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also contact us online via our website. We protect your rights and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.