Work With Lawyers Who Are Caring, Aggressive And Experienced
At The McGarity Group, clients come to our firm because we care about the people we represent, and we aggressively work to achieve the best results for our clients. We thoroughly investigate our clients’ cases and regularly work with medical professionals, life-care planners, vocational rehabilitation experts, accident reconstruction experts, economists and other top experts in their fields. When our attorneys represent you, you have a team of dedicated professionals on your side.
We also fight for you. Our attorneys have the resources, skills and experience necessary to take on any individual or corporation. We frequently handle cases against powerful interests, big business and insurance companies. We understand that your case is very important and that it is our job to advance your case as quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Your future and our reputation depend on the outcome. Whether through a pretrial settlement or jury verdict, we strive to ensure our clients are in the best position to move forward with their lives.
To learn more about each of our skilled attorneys, you can read their bios by following the links below:
We Have Considerable Experience On Both Sides Of The Courtroom
Our team consists of experienced trial lawyers who have been in the trenches and the courtroom since 1979.
Early on in his career, Mr. McGarity represented and defended insurance companies such as Allstate Insurance Company, St. Paul Insurance Company, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, CNA Insurance Company and many others. During that time, he learned the strategies and tactics of large insurance companies and other powerful corporate defendants. Now, Mr. McGarity uses that knowledge in representing injured plaintiffs – he understands how insurance companies and their lawyers think and operate, which provides a tremendous advantage in a personal injury or medical malpractice case.
Mr. Barré is a trial lawyer who focuses on personal injury matters and has tried over 40 cases throughout his legal career. He places an emphasis on his client’s well-being and represents his clients in an ethical and zealous manner.
Our years of trial experience and reputation among jurists, trial lawyers and insurance companies give us the “gravitas” or formidable reputation that will ensure your case will be aggressively and properly handled by a skilled trial team at our firm.
Awards, Accolades And A Track Record Of Success
Lawyers from our firm have been recognized for the following distinctions:
- AV peer-review rating* through Martindale-Hubbell since 1987
- Listed in Super Lawyers since 2005 and most recently selected in 2023
- Best of Gwinnett 2003 through 2023
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Club
- America’s Top 100 High Stake Litigators
- Lawyers of Distinction 2019 for Excellence in Personal Injury Law
We have helped hundreds of victims of motor vehicle accidents, slip-and-fall cases, dog bites, medical malpractice cases and victims of medical negligence obtain millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts. Some representative examples our firm has been involved in include a $5 million mediated settlement in a tractor trailer wreck; $4.75 million in a 2012 truck wreck; $1 million in a mediated accounting malpractice case in 2019; and $1 million in a 2005 automobile wreck; a recent $3 million dollar medical malpractice mediated settlement; a $750,000 trucking accident case as well as a $775,000 medical negligence case and many more six-figure settlements, verdicts or mediations.
Serving Our Community In A Wide Range Of Legal Areas
Our diverse practice includes many legal practice areas, such as:
- Personal injury: If you are involved in an automobile accident, slip-and-fall accident or dog bite, or you are injured by a defective product, we can help you obtain monetary recovery while you focus on healing. We also provide the compassionate but aggressive representation you need in a wrongful death matter, including representation in catastrophic medical malpractice cases.
- Commercial litigation: If your company is facing commercial litigation, it is imperative to obtain qualified assistance from experienced business trial attorneys. We have many years of experience handling, resolving and trying complex business disputes in state, superior and federal court.
- Family law: Whether your divorce is amicable or highly contested, we provide sound guidance regarding child custody, child support and property division matters. We also help with family law matters, such as prenuptial agreements, adoptions and spousal or child abuse situations.
- Estate and trust litigation: When questions arise concerning the dispersal of a loved one’s estate, you need a law firm experienced in handling estate and trust litigation cases. We assist you with negotiation, arbitration or mediation of the issues, or if necessary, we provide zealous representation in the courtroom.
- Medical malpractice: If you believe yu have been harmed by a medical provider or a hospital, we have spent years litigating and resolving these cases and are well versed in all aspects of handling medical malpractice cases. We have tried many cases involving medical negligence or malpractice and have over 40 years experience in successfully handling these cases for our friends and clients.
Our attorneys are active in many professional organizations and bar associations. Such dedication keeps them in touch with the community we serve, while it ensures that we remain at the forefront of the development of local laws.
Contact Us To Discuss Your Case With Attorneys Who Care
If you need sound legal advice you can trust, contact The McGarity Group by calling 770-692-9877 or reach out online. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid unless we collect for you. Our firm is based in Buford, and we serve clients throughout the entire state of Georgia.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.